CLICK HERE for more information or to apply
Posting Date: 05/17/2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Intern - Records Management
Type of Job: Intern
Work Hours: Day Shift
The Records Management Intern will report directly to the Records Management Officer. This position is responsible for assistance in processing electronic records audits, assist users with software problems, access issues and research for subpoenas, and records requests. They will also assist with paper record review and destruction processing.
• Identify, diagnose, and resolve user issues for Capital Metro’s Enterprise Document and Records Management system.
• Process access requests to documents, and assist with document searches.
• Perform routine administrative tasks for Records Officer.
• Process box order requests for paper documents with outside storage vendor.
• Assist with department audits with Department Records Coordinators for first draft of records audits.
• Learn enterprise records management software.
Minimum Qualifications-Education and Experience
• Full-time student currently enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate in Records Management, Public Administration, Information Studies, or related major degree program.
• At least one-year of experience in an office environment.
• Knowledge of filing or records or management and customer service support for application software preferred.
Minimum Qualifications-Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Working knowledge of research methods and techniques.
• Interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of various software applications, basic principles and theories of records management.
• Knowledge of legal processes for records holds and subpoenas.
Additional Position Information
CAPITAL METRO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Salary Range: $12/HR to $16/HR
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Are you currently enrolled in a full-time degree program?
* Is your major in Records Management, Public Administration, Information Studies, or a related major degree program?
* How many years of experience do you have in an office environment?
0 to less than 1 year
1 to less than 2 years
2 years or more
* Do you have knowledge of filing, records or management?
* Do you have experience in customer service support for application software?
* How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
I am a Current Employee
Visit CMTA Office