Posting Title: Customer Solutions Coordinator
Job Requisition Number: COA076247
Position Number: 109831
Job Type: Full-Time
Division Name: City Clerk
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications: None.
Notes to Applicants
Pay Range: $21.31 – $27.06 per hour
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Job Close Date: 03/06/2017
Type of Posting: External
Department: City Clerk
Grant Funded or Pooled Position: Not Applicable
Location: 301 W. Second Street
- Experience with developing and implementing training presentations especially developing web-based trainings.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with customers solutions to resolve complex customer service issues.
- Experience with developing and implementing enterprise-wide policies and procedures.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing job duties. Skill in planning and organizing.
- Strong customer service orientation. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with the public and City employees at all levels.
- Skill in analysis, decision making, and problem solving. Ability to keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and apply this knowledge to daily activities.
- Skill in oral and written communication. Ability to train others. Knowledge of training methodologies and techniques.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates, mediates, and negotiates with customers to resolve complex customer service issues.
- Initiates the resolution of customer service issues.
- Recommends, anticipates, resolves, and facilitates improvements to service delivery deficiencies.
- Coordinates and trains personnel in effective communication/customer service/service delivery topics.
- Provides information to citizens, individually and in groups, regarding organization, service array, operations, laws, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with department, city public information and public education staff to promote core information/issue themes on community-wide level.
- Assists in policy/procedure development and implementation processes.
- Produces memos, letters, reports, other written material, or audio/visual material.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised: None.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, procedure, statutes, and ordinances.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
Does this job require a criminal background investigation?: This position does not require a criminal background investigation
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee withinthe department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience.Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years. Do you meet this qualification?
- * Describe your experience in presenting information, developing educational programs or conducting training sessions. This may include “in-person” training, webinars, or computer-based training programs.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your experience with developing and negotiating solutions to complex customer service issues.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your experience with developing and implementing enterprise-wide policies and procedures.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter