Interested in a change? What about Southern California?
Click HERE for more information and how to apply.
The candidate will have the opportunity to create and implement a brand new RIM program for SCAG's new downtown Los Angeles office location. The successful candidate for the position will work closely with RIM stakeholders across SCAG to develop SCAG's RIM program. The ideal candidate will be experienced with overseeing the expansion and enhancement of solutions for successful RIM program implementation, including Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems to facilitate stronger information management and sharing as
well as smarter business processes. SCAG is seeking a highly collaborative individual who can successfully focus on the needs of staff, partners, and the public. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team-based environment, possess excellent communication and project management skills, and will have the ability to facilitate groups with divergent viewpoints and have the ability to gain cooperation and consensus through discussion and persuasion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Equivalent to five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in a comprehensive records and information (RIM) management program involving physical and electronic RIM, to include substantial experience in the development of processes and systems for the access, maintenance, retention and disposal of a wide variety of hard copy and electronic records and information. Experience must include minimum one year of developing and managing a comprehensive RIM program and two years of manage¬ment and supervisory experience. Experience with public sector RIM requirements is desirable.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in library science, public administration and business administration or related field, with an emphasis on information technology and computer science. A Master’s degree and a designation as a certified records manager (CRM) is highly desirable.
Responsible for the development and creation of a brand new, state-of-the-art
RIM Program for SCAG
- Oversee the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities for RIM programs; recommend, within agency policy, appropriate service and staffing levels; recommend and administer policies and procedures; recommend and manage governance of the RIM program, including definition of oversight and custodianship tasks and responsibilities for both paper- and electronic- information management.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for agency RIM program; meet with staff to develop objectives and resolve challenges; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the RIM annual budget; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; direct the monitoring of and approve expenditures; direct and implement adjustments.
- Conduct studies to recommend improvements to RIM programs, policies, systems and procedures as appropriate.
- Participate in all activities related to the security, preservation, and conservation of inactive records and documents.
- Oversee the implementation of RIM recommendations that are approved by the Deputy Executive Director – Administration.
- Plan, schedule, supervise and participate in the periodic review and analysis of existing and proposed RIM systems and procedures, including official records declaration, electronic content management (ECM), data archiving and digital signature systems; evaluate and recommend enhancements as necessary.