It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
This position is responsible for creating, maintaining and storing records/files in support of client needs. In addition, this position provides a positive example of records management skills, initiative and customer service orientation for clients and co-workers.
To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and co-workers.
- Solve problems and focus on solutions in a professional manner.
- Maintain exceptional customer service orientation at all times.
- Create files and/or replacement folders.
- Manage the intake of client documents; sort and prepare documents for interfiling; along with indexing documents as required.
- Interfile prepared documents into folders, and sub-folders.
- Process client requests for file and/or box retrievals.
- Pull and deliver files and/or boxes; and return retrievals.
- Conduct periodic onsite inventories of files and/or boxes.
- Process requests to close files.
- Scan files for storage on the Firm’s Document Management System
- Prepare files for offsite storage, perform box inventory and coordinate transfer of boxes to offsite storage.
- Participate with other records and information staff in overseeing effective maintenance of records management systems
- Database Management and Maintenance to ensure records are accurately documented and stored.
- Troubleshooting to identify potential problems to bring to Supervisor’s attention
- Maintain ongoing communications with all departments regarding maintenance, creation, revising, reviewing, retrieval and archiving of records.
- Assist with orientating and training others on the appropriate records management processes and procedures as required by the client.
- Travel and support offices in the Texas region (Houston, Dallas, Phoenix).
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- One to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literate with strong skills in word processing and software programs. Knowledge of records management software programs highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service/client service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritizes efforts effectively.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and to teach others.
- Commitment to the attendance policies set forth by Site Manager.
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule (some overtime may be required).
- Ability to communicate (written/oral) in a professional manner
- Conceptual knowledge of various records practices and the types of work product produced.
- Working knowledge of word processing programs (MS Word, Wordperfect, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Records Management software programs (Accutrac, LegalKEY, LegalTrax, AMR/CARM/FileSurf, WRM/IRM, etc.) and/or Records Software
- Modules from Time and Billing software programs (Elite, CMS, Omega, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Document Management software programs (iManage (FileSite, DeskSite, WorlkSite), OpenText (DM,DM5, eDocs), NetDocuments, or similar.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.