Vision Search Partners
Specialized Recruiting Services
Records Specialist (Temp to Perm) – Austin, TX
Click here for job listing.
This position is responsible for creating, maintaining and storing records/files in support of client needs. In addition, this position provides a positive example of records management skills, initiative and customer service orientation for clients and co-workers.
To succeed in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and co-workers.
Solve problems and focus on solutions in a professional manner.
Maintain exceptional customer service orientation at all times.
- Create files and/or replacement folders.
- Manage the intake of client documents; sort and prepare documents for interfiling; along with indexing documents as required.
- Interfile prepared documents into folders, and sub-folders.
- Process client requests for file and/or box retrievals.
- Pull and deliver files and/or boxes; and return retrievals.
- Conduct periodic onsite inventories of files and/or boxes.
- Process requests to close files.
- Scan files for storage on the Firm’s Document Management System.
- Prepare files for offsite storage, perform box inventory and coordinate transfer of boxes to offsite storage.
- Participate with other records and information staff in overseeing effective maintenance of records management systems.
- Database management and maintenance to ensure records are accurately documented and stored.
- Troubleshooting to identify potential problems to bring to Supervisor’s attention.
- Maintain ongoing communications with all departments regarding maintenance, creation, revising, reviewing, retrieval and archiving of records.
- Assist with orientating and training others on the appropriate records management processes and procedures as required by the client.
- Travel and support offices in the Texas region (Houston, Dallas, Phoenix).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literate with strong skills in word processing and software programs. Knowledge of records management software programs highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service/client service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritizes efforts effectively.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and to teach others.
- Commitment to the attendance policies set forth by Site Manager.
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule (some overtime may be required).
- Ability to communicate (written/oral) in a professional manner.
- Conceptual knowledge of various records practices and the types of work product produced.
- Working knowledge of word processing programs (MS Word, WordPerfect, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Records Management software programs (Accutrac, LegalKEY, LegalTrax, AMR/CARM/FileSurf, WRM/IRM, etc.) and/or Records Software.
- Modules from Time and Billing software programs (Elite, CMS, Omega, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Document Management software programs (iManage (FileSite, DeskSite, WorlkSite), OpenText (DM,DM5, eDocs), NetDocuments, or similar.