Job Title: Records Analyst Supervisor
Closing Date: Tues. 05/15/18 11:59PM CT
Salary Range: $51,934.48 - $58,156.80
Job Type: Full time
Location: 2515 S. Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704
Department: Travis County Juvenile Probation Dept
Contact info: Kassie Kitchen, HR Specialist II, 512-854-7009
Job Summary: Oversees the Records Management Program by having responsibility for the processing, organization and management of departmental records and files. Performs high level record analysis to determine proper storage and retention schedules. Coordinates off-site records storage activity. Leads and supervises the work of others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, plans, and directs staff members of the Records unit. Assigns work, develops performance goals and standards, trains, resolves problems, evaluates performance, monitors workflow and deadlines, and makes personnel action recommendations. Develops detailed user requirements, system documentation and workflow procedures. Plans and coordinates departmental training. Plans, writes, revises, and recommends policies and procedures.
- Completes the development of assigned annual work plan goals for records program. Develops data quality internal controls. Monitors and audits data. Analyzes changing business needs and how their effect on various systems and associated processes. Make recommendations for improvements. Analyzes and determines cost-effective methods and procedures. Oversees discrepancies in systems.
- Performs record analysis to determine proper storage, retention, duplication, etc. actions necessary for compliance with Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. Establishes standards and processes for records storage, retention and access in compliance with applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Responds to inquiries and incoming mail from agencies. Performs and conducts complex research to provide reports and data. Prepares written correspondence. Develops and designs statistical reports to track data, extracting and compiling data from multiple databases.
- Serves as primary liaison with various departments, divisions, private companies, local, state and national records management agencies. Serves on committees. Keeps abreast of changes in the law and regulations. Administers compliance with the Texas Open Records Act for department.
- Coordinates off-site records storage and retrievals. Approves records destruction. Conducts records inventory and assists in analysis to plan a long-term policy for records management. Maintains, compiles and generates statistical reports. Functions as a Records Analyst. Processes data and transfers, receives, indexes, retains, retrieves and disposes of records.
- Prepares and maintains disaster recovery plans. Assists in budget development process. Determines the need for equipment, technology, professional services, staffing, and other resources. Manages vendor relationships, prepares requisitions for purchases.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.