Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening in our Austin, TX office for a Records Clerk.
The Records Clerk assists in processing incoming information, sorts, codes and classifies material for integration into systems, including the data entry of inactive records; retrieves / references information for customers; runs computer searches and indexes to provide status of information.
Job Type: Full-time
Essential job functions include:
- Sorts and classifies material for filing.
- Files various media.
- Prepares additional new sub-files within the file classification plan.
- Retrieves and routes requested files or filing.
- Maintains accurate checkout system.
- Inputs inactive records data.
- Creates and maintains electronic and imaged records.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of procedures for internal reference materials, which may include standards, technical reports, research papers, and digital resources.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of RIM technologies to support deployment and training of end users
- Interfaces with co-workers and other staff members for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Answers the Records Center Help Line and e-mail.
- Distribute records to internal customers.
- Performs other duties as may be required from time to time.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, general database systems and technology in general.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of Electronic Records Management Systems experience preferred.
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Position is light work in nature; physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work and requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs. required.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more. Please send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to the email address listed.