Call for Nominations for Board of Trustee Positions
Vonore, TN – (3/23/17) AIEF, the educational Foundation for the information management profession (Foundation), is looking to fill Trustee vacancies on its Board of Trustees (Board). The Foundation, like our profession, is very diverse, which we believe allows us to accomplish our Vision and Mission. Information management practitioners from any and all RIM/IG related organizations are welcome to apply for consideration. If interested, please submit an application for candidacy in accordance with the instructions provided below.
Trustees direct and inspire the work of the Foundation, reflecting the Board’s organizational values and perspectives. From working together to achieve its vision, mission, and goals, to determining qualified applicants for scholarship funds available and funding objective research to move the field forward, the Trustees have the information management practitioner as the top priority in everything they do. The position of Trustee is one of trust. It requires that Board members always act in the best interest of the Foundation. The Board has a fiduciary obligation not only to donors, but to everyone who is touched by its research, scholarships, and educational forums.
• Uphold and promote the vision, mission, and goals of the Foundation.
• Govern with outward vision and strategic leadership.
• Monitor and promote the Foundation’s scholarship, research, and fundraising programs.
• Promote Information Management as a profession.
• Articulate and advocate for the Foundation.
• Support all Board approved decisions.
• Support building the endowment through personal financial contributions.
• Have experience as an active, engaged member of the information management community for a continuous five-year period prior to candidacy; or
• Have served in a Foundation or Association in a leadership role for a minimum of two years.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience in marketing, research and/or fundraising.
• Awareness and appreciation of international information management issues.
• Experience in budgeting and forecasting, long term planning, and strategic thinking.
Board Term Specific to this Call for Trustees:
• July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2019
• Trustees are eligible to serve up to three 2-year terms.
The Board meets monthly via conference call and once a year in person as funds permit. The Board is a working board, so all Trustees are involved in Committees.
Board Candidacy Submission Requirements:
• Submit a current resume along with a letter from your employer, if applicable, indicating support of your time commitment as a Board member.
• Provide a written response to the following questions:
o Why do you want to serve as a Trustee on the Foundation Board?
o What strengths and skills do you bring to the Board?
o In what areas should the Foundation expand its activities?
o From what additional sources can the Foundation build funding streams to support its vision, mission, and goals?
The Nomination and Election Committee will review all applications, and those who meet the qualifications will be interviewed via conference call prior to the final slate of candidates being presented to the Board of Trustees.
The deadline for submissions is close of business Eastern time, May 1, 2017, and should be sent to: email@example.com .
Know someone who would make a great addition to the Board and meet the stated qualifications? Submit his/her name, email address, and contact phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org , by close of business Eastern time May 1, 2017.