Information Governance Supervisor Job Description:
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening in our Austin, TX office for an Information Governance Supervisor.
The Information Governance Supervisor oversees the Information Governance program at specified office(s). This includes but is not limited to supervising a team across multiple offices including the hiring, firing, personnel evaluations and career planning. Also includes planning, project management and organizing day-to-day activities as well as short and long term projects. Interacts with internal and external customers, including the marketing of the program. Position includes budget creation and
monitoring. Supervisors are expected to analyze systems and recommend improvements. Essential job functions include:
- Responsible for the management of the local and regional Information Governance program, including development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate daily work of the Information Governance staff. Plan, schedule, and assign work tasks.
- Supervise information creation, receipt, storage, retrieval and disposition.
- Evaluate current records and information systems for completeness, efficiency and usefulness through auditing and staff and user interviews. Recommend improvements as necessary.
- Ensure information security compliance such as ethical walls, protective orders, and legal holds.
- Develop and administer training programs for staff and user departments to ensure standardization of systems and their effective use.
- Prepare statistical reports on all aspects of program as required.
- Conduct job performance reviews for assigned personnel. Prepare salary recommendations for approval by Senior Manager – Information Governance.
- Assist in budgeting process for the department, including the creation of budget, regular monitoring of spend, recommending and justifying purchases and expenditures.
- Performs other duties as may be required from time to time.
The physical activity of this position:
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The Physical Requirements Of This Position:
- Medium Work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
- Ability to lead and motivate the work of others; when applicable, ability to successfully manage direct report(s), including performance evaluation, goal-setting, employee development and problem-solving.
- 2-year degree required; 4-year degree preferred.
- Trade Training preferred; 3-5 years’ experience in related field required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Specialized course work in records management, business law, administrative management, legal studies, or information technology preferred.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, general database systems and technology in general. Experience with FileTrail and NetDocs preferred.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- May require overnight travel.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.