Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening in our Austin, TX office for an Information Governance Specialist. This position will work onsite full-time.
The Information Governance Specialist assists in processing incoming information, sorts, codes and classifies material for integration into systems, including the data entry of physical and electronic material. Maintains firm’s information assets throughout their lifecycle. Retrieves / references information for customers. Utilizes departmental technology systems where needed to perform necessary job functions. Essential job functions include:
- Demonstrates proficiency in departmental technology systems.
- Sorts, classifies, and files various media types.
- Answers department Help Line and respond to e-mail requests.
- Retrieves and distributes requested files or filing.
- Prepares additional new sub-files within the file classification plan.
- Quality assurance on data entry and scanned images for information assets across all media types.
- Maintains accurate checkout system.
- Preparing and indexing material for transfer to off-site storage. Creates and maintains electronic and imaged records. Includes the preparation of physical documents, scanning, and profiling.
- Ensuring information security compliance such as ethical walls, protective orders, and legal holds.
- Assign retention codes to various media and assist in retention schedule related tasks.
- Ability to support and train end users on processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The physical activity of this position:
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The physical requirements of this position:
- Medium Work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment. One year relevant experience if completed additional education past high school.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, general database systems and technology in general. Experience with FileTrail and NetDocs preferred.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.
High School or better.
2-3 years: Relevant experience in a professional services environment.
Knowledge of Electronic Records Management Systems