Compensation Manager/HRIS Administrator
OPENING DATE: 07/13/21 | CLOSING DATE: 08/15/21 11:59 PM
SALARY: Hourly $30.03 - $37.53
Responsible for analyses and administration of the City's compensation and classification program,
Human Resources Information Systems administration and Human Resources analytics.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for the City's compensation and classification program, including but not limited to, gathering benchmark data, compiling and analyzing results, making recommendations for structure adjustments and changes to the matrix for merit increases; updating pay structures as needed; and producing reports for City management for determination of annual compensation proposals and/or to analyze trends.
- Implements new pay structures including but not limited to, determining, communicating and implementing updated rates for current employees; coordinates with staff as necessary on the implementation of new pay structures for new hires.
- Responsible for annual pay increases including processing step increases, calculating and processing longevity pay and calculating, processing and communicating merit increases.
- Coordinates with HR and Payroll staff to provide necessary technology support to facilitate the processing of employee compensation.
- Conducts position classification, reclassification, and reorganization analysis which may include job audits, surveys, and updating job descriptions; Responsible for development and updating of job descriptions including review and determination of FLSA exemption status.
- Develops and recommends changes to Human Resources Policies and Procedures regarding the City's compensation and classification program.
- Researches, collects data, analyzes and produces analytical reports including but not limited to, City of Round Rock diversity, employee turnover, etc. Responds to external salary and benefits surveys and inquires; Conducts research and special projects as needed; analyzes findings and makes recommendation for action.
- Provides system administration for the Human Resources Information System (HRIS): assists with the maintenance and administration of enterprise-level technology; meet with end-users to help optimize and improve their workflows; performs systems audits to ensure data integrity; evaluates business processes and makes recommendations in the use of technology; leads and manages implementation projects for new functions within existing systems or new technology products; maintains system documentation and provides training as needed; actively monitors product development and upgrades, testing and implementing as appropriate; resolves system issues using technical analysis and/or escalation of issues to software provider; works closely with the IT department; develops and maintains applicable service agreements related to HRIS and coordinates the resolution of vendor problems; participates in the development of information technology strategy and technology deployment for HRIS.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with emphasis on compensation administration. Experience may substitute for education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
- Four (4) years professional human resources experience with HRIS systems including compensation, performance management, payroll, and employee general information.
- Experience in Computer Information Systems is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft products including Word and Excel.
The City of Round Rock operates under the legal doctrine of "employment-at-will" and is an equal opportunity employer. The City values diversity and strives to attract a responsible, qualified and diverse workforce that represents the community that we serve.
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
231 E. Main Street, Suite 100
Round Rock, TX 78664