Position Title: Records Analyst (Revised)
Salary Group: B15
Posting Date: 10/18/2021
Posting Number: 1320
Salary Type: Monthly
Closing Date: Open Until Closed
Class Number: 7480
Salary Range: $4,000.00
Number of Positions: 1
Our mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to enhance the lives of its members. Each team member across the agency contributes to our ongoing success.
Seeking experienced Records Analyst to perform routine (journey-level) records and information management work for the records management unit of the Operations Support Division. The Records Analyst monitors, coordinates and implements the Records Management program. Work is performed under the supervision of the Manager of Operations Support and agency Records Management Officer (RMO) with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to:
- Assists with planning and coordinating the agency records management program, including records creation, retention, retrieval, maintenance, protection, storage, and disposition.
- Assists with planning and coordinating the records management scanning operations to ensure that documents are scanned according to policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing, organizing and maintaining the agency’s records retention schedule to keep it current and maintain certification.
- Serves as the division Records Coordinator or Assistant Records Coordinator responsible for implementing the records management program within the division.
- Identifies procedural and technical inefficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Assist with developing and maintaining records management policies, procedures and system documentation.
- Inventories records, researches retention requirements, studies needs and processes and prepares lists, analyses, and reports in accordance with agency needs, known requirements and good records management practices.
- Assists with developing and presenting records management education programs for agency staff.
- Stays current on state and federal records management law, agency records requirements and current technology applicable to records management and related technology.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Each year of records management work experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Two (2) years of full-time, recent records management experience, including experience developing, maintaining and/or implementing records retention schedules.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in developing and presenting training.
- Two (2) years of experience in document imaging and/or microform management.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public/business administration, history, government, library/information science, or related field.
- Experience with pension and/or benefits records.
- Experience using MS Access or Filemaker Pro for managing records retention schedules.
- Experience using MS SharePoint.
- Experience in electronic records management.
- Record management experience in a Texas State agency.
- Certified Records Analyst (CRA) designation.
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) designation.
- Information Governance Professional (IGP) designation.
Other InformationPLEASE NOTE
: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Must be able to lift boxes, equipment, and/or furniture weighing up to 50 pounds. May work in dusty conditions. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form
& other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Codes
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty (https://hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_LibraryandRecords.pdf
) along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions or for additional information.