Title: Court Clerk I
Job Summary: The Travis County Juvenile Probation Department is looking for two (2) Court Clerk I positions in our Court Administration/ Court Management unit to assist within judicial proceedings and one Court Clerk I position for our Records Management unit.
Under moderate supervision, you will perform a variety of legal clerical duties in response to actions of the courts. The duties listed are based on the position type. This includes but is not limited to:
- Performing case processing within judicial proceedings as part of a two Court Clerk team.
- Conducting extensive case data entry into the case management system while ensuring accuracy of the legal record.
- Maintains multiple legal file folders
- Using independent judgment interpreting and applying procedures and precedents to specific misdemeanor and felony juvenile cases.
- Coordinating and carrying out duties involved in assigned causes of action.
- Performing detailed and complex legal procedures associated with the receipt, review, and filing of court documents.
- Reviewing and analyzing legal documents, indexes documents by applying appropriate category codes and scans documents into electronic imaging systems.
- Preparing and issuing a variety of legal documents and court orders.
- Assessing fees and performing cashier duties.
- Assisting the public and act as a liaison between the department, courts, other agencies and the public.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
HR Specialist II - Recruiting
Travis County Juvenile Probation Department
Phone: (512) 854-1515