||Customer Solutions Coordinator
|Job Requisition Number
||Customer Energy Solutions
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants
The candidate for this position will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Process public information requests received by AE.
2. Develop and implement training to AE personnel on public information requests and serve as a backup trainer for Information Management.
3. Serve as the primary liaison to the City of Austin Law department PIR team on Public Information Request matters.
4. Work with AE employees on complex records and information management issues regarding compliance with the City of Austin Information Management program.
5. Provide information and promote the Public Information Request and Information Management programs to AE personnel.
6. Assist in policy/procedure development for the Public Information Request and Information Management programs.
7. Work with other members of the Information Management team to identify process improvements and changes to the Public Information Request and Information Management programs.
8. Communicates, mediates, and negotiates with customers to resolve complex customer service issues.
9. Initiates the resolution of customer service issues.
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, career development opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as “see résumé” will not be accepted. You may use “N/A” for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution. You must also provide proof of your professional licenses or certifications.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
$21.85 – $27.86
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Job Close Date
|Type of Posting
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position
||4815 Mueller Blvd, Austin TX 78723
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment with ever-changing deadlines and priorities.
- Experience in records and information management with direct experience on complex records classification projects.
- Intermediate skill working with electronic systems with a focus on Microsoft Office 365.
- Skill in oral and written communication focusing on the ability to work with a wide range of personnel at all levels of the company.
- Experience solving complex problems and working toward an agreeable resolution involving parties from all levels of the company.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates, mediates, and negotiates with customers to resolve complex customer service issues.
- Initiates the resolution of customer service issues.
- Recommends, anticipates, resolves, and facilitates improvements to service delivery deficiencies.
- Coordinates and trains personnel in effective communication/customer service/service delivery topics.
- Provides information to citizens, individually and in groups, regarding organization, service array, operations, laws, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with department, city public information and public education staff to promote core information/issue themes on community-wide level.
- Assists in policy/procedure development and implementation processes.
- Produces memos, letters, reports, other written material, or audio/visual material.
Responsibilities – Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, procedure, statutes, and ordinances.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
|Criminal Background Investigation
||This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.